Monday, October 5, 2009

Meatless Mondays


Every Monday, for the past few years, my family and I have gone Meatless on Mondays. It was an easy tihng to do as a family and little did I know it would have such an impact on the ways that we would all eat in the future.

As a result, I just kept going meatless... it was for me. I laugh when I think about how selfish I felt when I initially began eating this way. Wouldn't I be ruining family dinners? What about Thanksgiving? Christmas Eve? Dinner at friends and families homes? You know what, it's no big deal. It was silly that it was holding me back, until one day, I just couldn't eat any flesh anymore. A delicious and warm clam chowder literally made me gag and I ended up throwing it away.


Today, I never, ever eat meat of any sort - beef, pork, lamb, poultry, seafood - all of it is totally safe around me, cuz it's not going to end up on my plate.


The result? Maintaining a healthy weight (not my perfect weight, but it's close), having more energy and feeling more like I am just being ME... that's the best of all.


Please join us on Meatless Monday and see how it affects your life. It will not only benefit your family, but also your pocketbook and health.

No comments: