|Note to Reader: This is an excerpt from the email I received today from Raviana.com. Please sign up to receive their emails monthly. They are loaded with beautiful information. |
"They call him Captain Karma. He's the Lord's own right hand man. He's the one who put the worm in the apple that you stole from the fruit stand." --- Khalsa String Band
1. Practice Kundalini Yoga and Meditation. Kundalini is known as the yoga of awareness. Awareness is the key to the direct experience of how everthing is connected. When you practice Kundalini Yoga, especially the meditative practices, you are literally burning off karma, incurring new blessings, cultivating compassion, and paving the way for a brighter day, and life for you and all!
2. Know that most everything has a back story. Feeling rage against the person that just cut you off in traffic? Maybe they're distracted because earlier that day their boss went off on them and they just had to sit there and take it. When we give people the benefit of the doubt the Universe is very forgiving with us too!
3. Make conscious decisions as a matter of course. If you are reading this you are a yogi. Wean yourself off of that 'just one more time,' mentality. Everything counts: every moment, every breath, every action. But don't equate discipline with the kind of self-denial which makes you a matyr to your self. A life of spirit is the perfect balance between celebration and discipline!
4. Consider gravitating towards a vegan lifestyle. If you've been practicing Kundalini Yoga then the idea of giving up animal products is probably already percolating in you, but maybe your old habits have precluded that leap. Diet and lifestyle are not ends in themselves or the "answer," but how you live makes a huge difference. Humanity is evolving and picking up speed! Animals are evolving too, they always have been. If something has a mother, as the argument goes, we shouldn't kill it. There is no taste sensation that you you will miss on a vegetarian diet!
5. Intention is everything. Do good as it's own reward. Always do your best as its own reward. If you are expecting a reward let it be that you have made life a little easier for someone and let that be more than enough. This is called Karma Yoga. The path of selfless service.
6. Celebrate people's gifts! Everyone has something which makes them special. When we support people in their unique talents we are helping to cultivate Destinies and our own. Next time someone invites you to their art opening, try to go!
7. Turn it off. Tune in. Rock out! Be selective with your exposure to popular media. Most TV is like mental fast food and gives your mind the same value in nutrition! Instead of using the remote and zoning out, turn it off and see what happens. You may just find yourself doing something fun and creative like redesigning your space or you may get a sudden urge to dance your dance, or maybe write your own uplifting screenplay, or book! Using your creativity is instant Good Karma!
8. The old masters were pretty savvy! For instance, the Five Precepts of Buddha are commitments to abstain from violence, stealing, sexual misconduct, lying, and intoxication. Buddha made a vow to meditate under a tree until he got an answer to the cause for human suffering. Part of his enlightenment was the realization that human suffering is caused by the vicious circle of karma and our attachment to it.
9. Whenver the opportunity presents itself, teach people what you have found works for you. Yogi Bhajan said that if you want to master something, teach it. If someone complains to you about their stress level, offer to show them what they can do about it. If you know someone trying to quit smoking, teach them the joys of yoga breathing! If you have experienced things which have made a difference for you, get out there and spread the light!
10. Be Positive! Most of the Karma we create ememates from the negative emotions we hold on to. Kundalini Yoga and meditation help us to be present and frees us from the pain of the past! So... onward and upward with a smile and open heart! See the soul in everyone. Sat Nam!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Monday, June 29, 2009
It's a food campaign to encourage the nation to help slow climate change by reducing their meat consumption by having at least one meat free day a week.
Having a MEAT FREE day every week is a simple way to start making a real difference in the world. The more people who join in, the more difference we can make.
How to help Support Meat Free Monday Eat less meat for a better planet
Thursday, June 4, 2009
I have been spending some additional times in my volunteer gigs lately, as I truly believe that one way to get out of our own way is to put others first. "Be Great" is the inspirational line being used by the Boys and Girls Club right now and it is something for all of us to keep in mind in our daily lives. Below you will witness our Website Makeover, the Flash intro, focusing on the Youth of the Year (congratulations TJ!), that we donated to the B & G Club of Tucson. We really like the way it came out, and hope that you do, too.
I would be remiss if I didn't also mention my recent experiences as a brand-new CASA. I spent the morning recently observing some very courageous people and it was pretty amazing. I went through about a half a box of kleenex, but was totally inspired by the parents I saw overcoming some pretty dire circumstances and managing to for the most part, to rise above, pull themselves up by their bootstraps and still have hope that they will and are able to fulfill their dreams and make them finally come true.
This month, I rose above in my own little way and it felt pretty good. I am now officially certified as a Master Project Manager (MPM) and Project Manager E-Business (PME). I am truly excited about this and it only took me 15 years to complete this achievementt. Haha... sad, but true.
Lastly, I would like to congratulate all of our customers who are currently taking advantage of the potential of Twitter, please feel free to contact us anytime you are ready to move to the next level and make it work even better for your e-business.
I am suffering from my usual case of "idea-rhea", so please stayed tuned for some very exciting things to come. Just a warning...
please follow us:
Witness a Website Makeover
Boys and Girls Club of Tucson: the positive place for kids
The mission of the Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is to provide building-centered programs, professional staff, and a safe environment to assist youth in developing self-esteem, values, and skills.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of Tucson is facility-based, employs youth development professionals supplemented by part-time staff and volunteers, and offers daily access to a broad range of programs in five core program areas:
- Character & Leadership Development
- Education & Career Development
- Health & Life Skills
- The Arts
- Sports, Fitness, & Recreation
We do not handle all of their e-business efforts, however we do help with a few items that we are especially proud of and mostly thankful to be associated with this amazing organization.
Here are the items that we help in:
1. Website - any Flash and video additions
2. Email Marketing - to the general list and the Board
3. Creation of an Email Opt-in sign up capability
4. I became a member of the Associate Board, Marketing Committee, so I can make suggestions on the fly.
We have many more things in the works, so please visit the Boys and Girls Club of Tucson and witness the results of this Website Makeover http://bgctucson.org.
1. Snagfilms - Watch free documentaries from your web browser http://www.snagfilms.com/
2. LinkedIn - yes it's less flashy than Twitter, but it has it's actually one of the best online networking tools. http://www.linkedin.com/
3.YouTube - why has it taken me so long to list this one? I use it almost daily to do research. It's a gem. http://www.youtube.com
4. Tweetdeck - your personal browser for connecting you with your contacts across Twitter, Facebook and more. http://tweetdeck.com/beta/
5. Super Geek Alert! Lynx Viewer - This service allows web authors to see what their pages will look like (sort of) when viewed with Lynx, a text-mode web browser (like a mobile phone). http://www.delorie.com/web/lynxview.html/
Time to Twitter
OUR TWITTER TEAM CAN MAKE YOUR BUSINESS SHINE!
Starting from scratch or even if you have already created your Twitter account,
we can run with it and make it even more amazing for you -- taking it to the next level.
Here's what we offer:
Set up and work Twitter, includes:
a. creation (create a personal design) of twitter account, anticipated 1000 followers in 3-4 weeks, with 5-20 'tweets' a week.
b. creation of squidoo lens.
c. basic SEO on some real competitive keywords.
d.est 30 hours over 3-4 weeks @ $25 an hour (this is an introductory rate and is subject to change) = $750
Contact Joli today to take advantage of this Introductory Offer! firstname.lastname@example.org